On October 20th, Carib Journal listed the Cayman Islands as one of the top 10 places in which to retire. Why you may very well ask? There are a plethora of reasons and benefits but let's just focus on the most important ones;
- As a tax free offshore financial location that's only one hour's flight from Miami, you will benefit from no income tax, no personal tax, a one time property tax upon purchase, no sales tax and no inheritance tax.
- Should you still have children of school going age when you are retired you can choose from several private schools and also choose whether you would like to enter them in an English or American teaching system.
- When it comes to personal and family health you need not worry as you can choose between Government Health Care at the Cayman Islands Hospital in George Town, or Chrissie Tomlinson, a private hospital also located in George Town. Health City, the newest private hospital in Grand Cayman opened its doors in March 2014 in Grand Cayman's eastern districts and its primary focus is medical tourism and heart surgeries. In several instances the facility has treated residents too with resoundingly positive results.
- The all year round warm and sunny climate will probably be the primary reason for you to retire here. You will never have to face an uncomfortably cold winter ever again. And if it gets too hot you can cool down in the azure water for hours on end. There are endless beaches to choose from. And if you're still too hot you can enjoy pristine snorkelling on some of the world's best beaches.
- Infrastructure in the Cayman Islands is strong, the world famous and sought after financial services contribute to 67% of the annual GDP.
- Architecture is delightfully varied, depending on where you want to buy your retirement home, you can expect Floridian, Tuscan or classic Caymanian. Either way you can rest assured that your home will be Cat 5 Hurricane resistant and built to the highest standards and building requirements.
- Dining is one of the many other factors for which the Cayman Islands is famous. Internationally renowned chefs like Eric Ripert has his own restaurant here and the annual Cayman Cookout attracts thousands of foodies from across the world. The cuisine represented in the Cayman Islands is truly international and becomes even more delicious when a twist of the Caribbean is thrown into the recipes.
- Activities abound for those who are active retirees. Scuba diving, biking, hiking, botany, art, culture, film, fundraisers and as there are so many nationalities calling Cayman home, you will never have to worry about a lack of socializing with interesting, educated and like minded individuals.
- Safety is always an important concern no matter where you live or retire, once again the Cayman Islands rate top of the list as a safe destination.
Your first step towards retirement is finding the perfect home in which to relax and spend your days pondering what your next activity could be. And this is where International Realty Group Ltd, Cayman's only fully integrated real estate brokerage, becomes your point of contact. As a Cayman Islands Real Estate Brokers Association Member, IRG Ltd has access to literally every home, condo and piece of land currently listed across the three islands. Call IRG Ltd on 1 345 623 1111 or email us on [email protected]. To see our listings and learn more about our services please go to www.irgcayman.com