IRG recently donated $1,000 towards the Rotaract 7020 District Conference whichtook place between 8th and 12th June at the Grand Cayman Marriott Beach resort, bringing young professionals from the 10 Caribbean countries to Grand Cayman. These countries includedAnguilla,Bahamas,British Virgin Islands,Haiti,Jamaica,St. Maarten,St. Martin,Turks and Caicos &US Virgin Islands.
The conference was a chance for members to share ideas and experiences from their individual service clubs, and to teach their upcoming board of directors how to lead a service club. Marzeta Bodden from the Cayman Islands presided over the conference in her role at District Rotaract Representative for the 2015-16 Rotary year.
Some of the activities that were enjoyed at the event included:
• Thought-provoking discussions to share ideas and develop a global perspective;
• Collaborative project planning activities to augment the impact of community service initiatives;
• Development and training workshops to enhance professional and leadership skills;
• Networking with other young professionals across the region;
• Inspirational addresses to excite and energise.
• It is also an opportunity for each country to share their culture and heritage with others in the region.
To find out more about the event watch this Cayman 27 report HERE.
Rotaract is a programme of Rotary International for young professional adults 18-30 years of age who meet twice monthly to exchange ideas, plan activities and projects to help their communities, network and have fun! For more information on Rotaract 7020 click HERE.